The Summer Isles Hotel opens for the 2020 season on 15th July 2020. We have a created our own COVID protocol which is tailored to meet the requirements of the hotel, our community and our wonderful surroundings.
Distancing and cleanliness are keystones to our protocol. The way we operate has changed to reflect current advice without diluting our core offer of peace, tranquillity, a spectacular setting and wonderful food.
The key elements of our COVID protocol are as follows:
- The hotel team will be friendly but “sensibly distant” at all times during your stay!
- All staff will be subject to daily temperature checks.
- Occupancy will be restricted to approximately 70% of capacity in order to provide additional “personal space” for our guests in the restaurant and the lounge bar. We will follow the 2m rule and any relaxation will follow government direction.
- The Summer Isles Bar will remain closed as it is a small and cosy space that does not lend itself to social distancing. We may open the beer garden for the occasional evening when the sun shines and the midges are absent!
- You will be allocated the same table in the dining room throughout your stay.
- The restaurant team will deliver food and drink to your table as normal and wine will be left on the table for you to serve yourself unless traditional service is requested.
- Non-residents will be welcomed for pre-booked lunch and/or dinner if there is capacity in our socially distanced restaurant.
- The lounge bar will remain open to residents and pre-booked non-residents with restricted capacity.
- All meals will be “to order” with no buffet at breakfast.
- Dinner will be a set four course menu (with a choice of seafood/fish or meat for the main course) – changing daily. Menus will be printed daily and personal to you.
- The hotel will e mail a copy of the wine list or – if preferred – the physical wine list will be available and thoroughly cleaned between guests.
- Housekeeping will visit your bedroom by request only.
- Non-essential items will be removed from bedrooms and public areas such as books, guides and newspapers.
- Hand sanitisers will be provided to every resident and will be in constant use by staff.
- The hotel will be regularly sanitised, cleaned, polished with particular attention towards “high touch” areas.
The whole team is very excited to welcome you to The Summer Isles Hotel.