The Summer Isles Hotel opened for the 2020 season on 15th July 2020. We created our own COVID protocol for the start of the delayed season which continues to evolve as we learn more about the virus and the various precautions that are recommended.
Distancing and cleanliness are keystones of our protocol. The way we operate has changed without diluting our core offer of peace, tranquillity, a spectacular setting and wonderful food.
Our protocol has been updated to reflect the changes announced by the Scottish Government on 10th September 2020. The key elements are as follows:
- The hotel team will be friendly but “sensibly distant” at all times during your stay!
- All staff will be subject to daily temperature checks.
- Face coverings will be worn by all staff when “front of house”.
- Guests will be required to wear face coverings when moving around the hotel and not eating or drinking.
- The maximum size of any party will be six guests. They should come from no more than two households. Children under 12 will not be counted if they are from within the two households.
- Occupancy will be restricted to approximately 70% of capacity in order to provide additional “personal space” for our guests in the restaurant and the lounge bar. We will follow the 2m rule and any relaxation will follow government direction.
- The Summer Isles Bar will remain closed as it is a small and cosy space that does not lend itself to social distancing.
- The restaurant team will deliver food and drink to your table as normal and wine will be left on the table for you to serve yourself unless traditional service is requested.
- Non-residents will be welcomed for pre-booked dinner if there is capacity in our socially distanced restaurant.
- The lounge bar will remain open to guests with restricted capacity. Both lounge bar and restaurant will close at 10pm
- All meals will be “to order” with no buffet at breakfast.
- Dinner will be a set three course menu (with a choice of seafood/fish or meat for the main course) – changing daily. Menus will be printed daily and personal to you.
- The hotel will e mail a copy of the wine list or – if preferred – the physical wine list will be available and thoroughly cleaned between guests.
- Housekeeping will visit your bedroom by request only.
- Non-essential items will be removed from bedrooms and public areas such as books, guides and newspapers.
- The hotel will be regularly sanitised, cleaned, polished with particular attention towards “high touch” areas.
The whole team is very excited to welcome you to The Summer Isles Hotel.